CALL FOR APILA´S FIRST PRINTING AWARD 2023
In 2013, Apila Ediciones created the Apila Primera Impresión Award to give illustrators without any work published with an ISBN (except self-publishing) the possibility of publishing their first professional album.
From then until today, the Apila Awards have served so that the majority of their winners have made the leap into the professional world of illustration.
We are very proud of this and it encourages us to continue on this path in successive editions.
Deadline: 16 February, 2023
To promote the production of children’s picture books, illustrated by illustrators with no previous published works.
Apila Ediciones in collaboration with the High School of Design of Aragón and with the support of its Town Hall, announces “Apila’s 2023 First Printing Award” (Pemio Apila primera Impresión 2023). This is an international illustrated picture book contest to promote creativity and enrich children’s literature with an educational scope.
1ª There are no restrictions on the nationality of the participants nor the number of projects presented. To qualify, It is imperative that the illustrator has never had titles published before (with ISBN) and, that, until the end of the term of admission of the projects – at the exception of illustrators having self-published (by themselves with ISBN, not through an ediorial). In case the Work is shared between an author and illustrator, the condition to not having been published before only applies to the illustrator. Additionally, the Works presented should be free of any obligations with other parties.
2ª The presentations have to be written in Spanish or English and could be either original tales or adaptations from tales with free copyright.
3ª The award will consist of a professional contract with Apila Editions for the publication of the selected work in which the payment to the authors will be of € 4.000 (equivalent of 10% of author royalties on the value of the first print run) If the rights of the project are shared between the writer and the illustrator, the percentage of 10% will be shared between both according to the previous agreement that both have agreed.
4ª The award will be granted to the overall project.
5ª Projects can be in any format and may not exceed 40 pages (20 double pages) with legal pages and endpapers included, covers aside.
6ª To avoid shipping costs, contestants must submit the work electronically and the following information to email@example.com. The heading should consist of , “LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_ PRIMERA_IMPRESION”:
A. A file in PDF form (max 10M) of the finished book, or in its absence thereof, the storyboard of the book with a minimum of five finished double pages and the rest sketched. This files must be titled with the last name followed by the first name and the word “LAST NAME_FIRST NAME BOOK”.
B. A file in WORD indicating, E mail address, nationality, postal adress, telephone number and website is optional. Also, it would be recomended to include any social media sites the illustrator might have (Facebook, Instagram, blog or any other profile.) The file must be named indicating the last name and name of the illustrator ended with the word “LAST NAME_FIRST NAME DATA”.
7ª A jury will be appointed by the Aragón High School of Design which will consist of a member from Apila Editions, a Professor from The School of Artistic Design and Colour Speciality and Fernando Garcia Grúas (member of the Aragonese Council of artistic teaching). The jury will resolve any possible issues which may not have been covered by the points mentioned above. Please note that works not following the rules mentioned above will not be considered and the Jury has the power to invalidate the award if necessary. The deadline for the submission of applications is February 16th, 2023 (inclusive).
8ª The final judgement andpresentation of the award will take place in March 2023. The result will appear on www.apilaediciones.com, www.facebook.com/apila.ediciones, and also on Instagram: @apila_ediciones. The awarded contestant must agree to deliver the edition files before September
1, 2023. Apila Editions will publish the awarded work within a year. It will be clearly mentioned, on the cover of the book that the published work has been awarded “Premio Apila Primera Impresion”.
9ª Apila Editions reserves the right to exhibit a selection of the presented projects within the High School of Desing program of exhibitions.
10ª To participate in this context implies the understanding and full acceptance of the above mentioned rules.
Click here to Apply | More Details
Latest Related Posts
- Jackson’s Painting Prize 2023 | by Jacksons ArtDeadline: 1 March 2023 Who can participate Jackson’s Painting Prize is open to artists from around the world. Any artist of any age can enter the
- 34th International Illustration Contest34th International Illustration Contest | by Clip Studio Paint – Free International Illustration Contest 34th International Illustration Contest | by Clip Studio Paint Why to
- Drawing of the Year 2022 – 2023Drawing of the Year 2022 | Drawing Competition | FREE Why to choose this contests, Contests helps you to imrove your skills and ur knowledge in
- Wild Art Contest 2023|DSWF Wildlife Artist of the YearDSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year is an internationally renowned wildlife art competition and exhibition, which each year attracts entries from some of the most talented artists around
- Top 50 Best Online Contests in LadakhThis page is for Online and Offline Competitions or Contests in Ladakh for Kids, Students, tiny tots, professionals, House wifes, Ladies, college students, UG, PG, Law
- Top 50 Best Online Contests in KeralaThis page is for Online and Offline Competitions or Contests in Kerala for Kids, Students, tiny tots, professionals, House wifes, Ladies, college students, UG, PG, Law