With a shift in goals and processes of learning from memorization to acquisition of 21st century skills and competencies of communication and critical thinking, the ability to locate, understand and reflect on various kinds of information has become more crucial. It is well accepted, that Reading Literacy is not only a foundation for achievement in other subject areas within the educational system, but also a prerequisite for successful participation in most areas of adult life.
With a focus on promoting Reading Literacy among students, the Central Board of Secondary Education has been organizing the CBSE Reading Challenge since 2019. This CBSE Reading Challenge for the academic session 2022-23 would be organized in the months of October – November 2022.
Details of the CBSE Reading Challenge
1. It is available in Hindi and/or English at two levels: classes 6 th to 7th; and classes 8 th to 10th.
2. This contest would engage participants with a variety of stimulants and focus on the ability to:
• read with comprehension and accuracy;
• construct meaning by retrieving information, relating text with their previous knowledge and integrating information;
• interpret information and draw inferences; and
• reflect and evaluate with a view to judge the quality and credibility of text.
3. This contest would be conducted through two rounds – within school, and interschool.
4. There is no fee for participating students at any of the two stages of this enrichment activity.
5. All students of classes VI to X in CBSE affiliated schools are eligible to participate in Round One/ First stage. Schools would be required to register students for this round. For Round Two/Second stage, each affiliated school registered in the first stage can nominate and register ten students (best 02 students from each participating class) for the English version of the Challenge.
6. The task for participating students would focus both on speed and accuracy. The reading challenge paper with reading tasks would comprise a variety of stimulants
7. followed by objective type questions.
8. All the participants of Round Two would be issued an online participation by the Board. Appreciation certificate would be given to best performing students.
9. Details for schools to register are at Annexure I.
All schools may encourage students to participate in the CBSE Reading Challenge as it would provide learners an opportunity to practice and demonstrate reading skills. For any clarifications, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 011-23211575.
The Reading Challenge shall be conducted in two stages:
A. Round One/First stage:
• An affiliated school can register its students (Classes VI & VII and VIII to X) for the Hindi or English or both Reading Challenge through the link on the CBSE
website i.e. www.cbse.gov.in and www.cbseacademic.nic.in for Round One/First stage from 02.11.2022 to 25.11.2022. To avoid last moment rush, schools are
advised to register well before the last date.
• On 28.11.2022, a reading challenge paper with reading tasks would be made available to the registered schools with the scoring criteria.
• The school shall organize the Challenge for the registered students between 28.11.2022 to 30.11.2022 and identify ten students (2 each from Classes VI &
VII and VIII to X) on the basis of their performance on the earlier assigned reading tasks for the Hindi as well as English RC. In case more than ten students perform at the same level, a suitable screening test may be conducted by the schools at their own end to identify the ten best students.
• The school shall subsequently register the identified students for Round 2 on the CBSE website between 01.12.2022 to 16.12.2022.
B. Round Two/Second stage
• A computer based Reading Challenge would be conducted by the Board for the registered students between 19.12.2022 and 30.12.2022. Only the schools
that have completed the first stage and subsequently registered students for
Round Two shall be eligible for the second stage.
• The detailed modalities of conduct of this test shall be communicated to the
schools that register students for the second round of the challenge.
Click here to Apply | More Details
Latest Related Posts
- ART street Monthly Illustration Contest – Weather | Art ContestDeadline31 July 2023, 5:00 pm (Japan Standard Time) ART street Regular Illustration ContestThe theme for June is “Weather” ! Sunny, rainy, or cloudy…your feelings of the day will … Read more
- Design-a-Sock Contest 2023 | Art ContestSubmissions close: 31 July 2023 Entry fee: The competition is free to enter. Prizes: • 1st prize: $2,000• 2nd prize: $1,000• 3rd prize: $650 Frequently Asked Questions Design-a-Sock is your … Read more
- CyberMeme Competition | FREE India – June 2023 – By Mygov.inCyberMeme Competition Start Date: MAY 30, 2023 Last Date: JUN 30, 2023 23:45 PM IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs) The Ministry of Home Affairs has set up … Read more
- CyberReel Competition | free June 2023 -By Mygov.inCyberReel Competition Start Date : MAY 30, 2023 Last Date : JUN 30, 2023 23:45 PM IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs) The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) … Read more
- Poem Writing Contest | Health of Youth Wealth of Nation | Free 2023 JunePoem Writing Contest on Health of Youth Wealth of Nation Start Date : JUN 01, 2023 Last Date : JUN 15, 2023 23:45 PM IST (GMT … Read more
- Compose a Jingle on Health of Youth Wealth of Nation 2023 – free Contest – JuneCompose a Jingle on Health of Youth Wealth of Nation Start Date : JUN 01, 2023 Last Date : JUN 15, 2023 23:45 PM IST (GMT … Read more