(Open for submission from now till 22 Feb 2021)
Of all infectious disease outbreaks in recent times, none have had such an impact on Hong Kong as COVID-19. Secondary school students have been uniquely affected by the outbreak. Not only have their current studies been significantly disrupted but their future plans have been challenged by the disease. The question is how?
To answer this question, we would like to invite secondary school students to submit short essays for a winter writing competition on COVID-19. These essays will directly address the challenges facing students today and in the future. With this in mind, there will be two topics for the essays:
(1) Oral History: What has been the impact of COVID-19 on your life in Hong Kong?
For this topic, we would encourage authors to talk with their families, their friends as well as members of the local community. Identify common themes and topics and write an essay using the oral comments from those you have spoken with.
(2) Back to the Future: What was the impact of COVID-19 on life in Hong Kong?
Go fifty years into the future. Look back on your own experiences and on how the disease shaped Hong Kong’s future direction. Be as creative as you want. You could write from your own perspectives – such as a diary entry or a letter – or tell a fictional story. Up to you. Just remember to place the impact of the virus at the center of your story.
Categories for Submission
Two Topics :
(1) Oral History
(2) Back to the Future
Two Streams: DSE or Open
i. Junior (S1-3)
ii. Senior (S4 or above)
Winners in each category/stream will receive:
First: HK$1,000 book coupons
Second: HK$500 book coupons
Please refer to the event poster.
22 February 2021, Monday, 5pm
The winning entries will be announced in March 2021.
Click here to Apply / More Details
- National Level Online Kids Competition | 2021 | July |By Kids eventNational Level Online Kids Competition Best platform for blooming young kids to discover their interest and showcase their talent. Drawing KG to 3rd – coloring (Tiger) 4th to 12th – coloring (Tiger )
- Online Competiton | By Shree Abinaya AcademyShree Abinaya Academy | Conducts | Online Competition 2021 Online Competition on: 20th June 2021 Registration fees: 150/- Last date to Register on: 19th June 2021. Contests Yoga competition Sloka competition Rhymes competition
- Monthly Online Competition | Ramzan | Onam | 2021 | By Vibha Festival of IndiaOnam is an annual Hindu holiday and festival celebrated in Kerala, India. It is also a harvest festival, and falls on the 22nd nakshatra Thiruvonam in the Malayalam calendar month of Chingam,
- World No Tobacco Day | 2021 | Essay Writing Competition | Government Of India | June | FreeFree Essay Writing Competition | June | 2021 | By Govt. of India The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India is glad to announce essay writing competition on
- Essay Competition for World Environment Day 2021 | By NIRE | BhopalNational Institute of Research in Environment Health | Bhopal | ICMR | Government of India | Bhopal – 462 030 | Madhya Pradesh | India Eligibility for participation in the Essay Competition
- National Level Kids Contest | by Amazing Kids | June | 2021National Level Online Kids CompetitionBest platform for blooming young kids to discover their interest and showcase their talent. Drawing KG to 3rd – coloring (Go Corona)4th to 12th – coloring (Go Corona)submit
- International Special Day Online Vibha Contest | 2021 | 2022 | May |VIBHACONTEST -2021-22 MONTH OF MAY – MONTHLY ON-LINE COMPETITION Hello Everyone Happy to invite you to,the VIBHACONTEST ( INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL DAY CONTEST ) MONTHLY ONLINE COMPETITION COMPETITION – 01 MONTH OF. MAY THEME : (TOPIC) SPECIAL DAY – LABOURS
- National Level Online Kids Competition | by Kids EventNational Level Online Kids Competition Best platform for blooming young kids to discover their interest and showcase their talent. Drawing Group KG to 3rd coloring (Go Corona) 4th to 12th coloring (Go
- VIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA | ONLINE COMPETITION | 2020 | 2021 | HANUMAN JAYANTI | APRIL | MayVIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA (ALL INDIA FESTIVAL COMPETITION) COMPETITION – 12 MONTH OF APRIL THEME :(TOPIC) HANUMAN JAYANTI MONTHLY Online Competition Greetings Form “VIBHA SCHOOLS” HANUMAN JAYANTI is the Theme for the Month, In “VIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA” Come, Draw,
- Online Competition | Monthly | Vibha Festival of India | 2020 | 2021 | March | April | May | India | National | International | Coloring | Drawing | Essay Writing | Hand Writing | Fancy Dress | Story Writing | Singing | Dance | CompetitionVibha Festival of India | 2020 | 2021 | April | May | India | National | International | Online Competition | Contest Hello EveryoneHappy to invite you to,the VIBHACONTEST INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL
- National Level Online Kids Competition | Tamil New year | 2021 | April | May | Drawing | Rangoli | StoryTelling | Speech | Pot Decoration | Thirukural | Personal Talent | Maa-elai Thoranam | By Amazing KidsNational Level Online Kids CompetitionBest platform for blooming young kids to discover their interest and showcase their talent. Drawing submit 2 Drawing photos(Clear Drawing picture and selfie with drawing) Rangoli Submit your
- Online Essay Writing Competition | Holi | festival | 2021 | India | National | March | April | VIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIAVIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA | ( ALL INDIA FESTIVAL COMPETITION) COMPETITION – 11 MONTH OF. MARCH THEME :(TOPIC) HOLI MONTHLY ONLINE COMPETITION “VIBHA SCHOOLS“ Greetings Participation For All Age Group- Schools To College In”VIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA” Holi is
- National Essay Writing Competition | 2021 | Feb | March | Leaders For Tomorrow | India | KoreaABOUT THE COMPETITION The Leaders For Tomorrow National Essay Writing Competition is a national level competition to promote reading and writing habits among school students of class 8 to 12, with a
- Online Competition | Monthly | Vibha Festival of India | 2020 | 2021 | Feb | March | AprilVIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA | 2020–2021 | MONTH OF FEBRUARY – MONTHLY ONLINE COMPETITION | India | Festival VIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA (ALL INDIA FESTIVAL COMPETITION) COMPETITION – 10 MONTH OF. February THEME :(TOPIC) ) MAHASIVARATHIRI Monthly
- International free Poem Competition 2021 | Feb | March | NeverSuchInnocence2020/21 Competition Rules This years theme is ‘The Unheard Voices of Conflict: Stories from Around the World’. Share your reflections on conflict or give a voice to those who may not have
- 2021 Law Essay Writing Competition | India | Jan | Feb | March | April2021 Law Essay Writing Competition Topic: “What is the role of the liability system in addressing Covid-19?”\ Competition Details:The Hogan/Smoger Access to Justice Essay Competition is sponsored by R. Ben Hogan III of
- COVID-19 Essay Writing Competition | 2021(Open for submission from now till 22 Feb 2021) OverviewOf all infectious disease outbreaks in recent times, none have had such an impact on Hong Kong as COVID-19. Secondary school students have
- National Essay Competition | “The Untold Stories” | 2021 | Albania | jan | feb | March“The Untold Stories” National Essay Competition | By UNICEF Albania UNICEF Albania is launching this essay competition open to all Albanians living in the country or abroad entitled “The Untold Stories”, focusing
- Online Essay Writing Competition | on Tryst with Destiny | Jan | Feb | 2021 | FreeEssay Writing Competition on Tryst with Destiny Road safety is an emerging trend nowadays. Road traffic accident (RTA) is a global disaster hampering the life of millions. Every day 414 valuables’ lives
- Online Essay Competitions | India | 2021YoungTalento essay on Swami Vivekananda principles Contests Starts on : 1 Jan 2021 Ends on : 31 Jan 2021 Why to use YoungTalento stage They are hosting innovative contests to showcase the young talents and