International Poetry Competition
The Oxford Brookes Poetry Centre is launching its 2022 International Poetry Competition to celebrate the power of poetry across the world!
Competition Deadline: 11pm BST on Monday 31 August 2022
The competition is open to anyone from around the world who is aged 18 or over at the time of entering (unless excluded under the Terms and Conditions). | International Poetry Competition
There are two categories: International Poetry Competition
• English as an Additional Language (EAL) – open to all poets aged 18 and over who write in English as an Additional Language.
• Open category – open to all poets aged 18 years and over.
The first three poems submitted cost £5 per poem. Subsequent entries in the same submission cost £4 per poem. Entrants may submit a maximum of ten poems
The competition is open to both new and established poets aged 18 and over from across the globe and has two categories:
- Open category (open to all poets aged 18 years and over)
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) category (open to all poets aged 18 and over who write in English as an Additional Language.
The winners of each category will receive £1000 and both runners up £200.
- The Oxford Brookes International Poetry Competition 2022 (the “Competition”) is organised by the Poetry Centre of Oxford Brookes University (“OBU”).
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over at the time of entering unless excluded by these Rules. By entering the Competition, you confirm that you understand and agree to accept these Rules.
- International entries are welcome.
- You do not have to be a published poet to enter.
- The closing date of the competition is 23:00 BST/22:00 GMT on Wednesday 31 August 2022. The competition opens for entries at 01:00 (UK time) Monday 30 May 2022.
- There are two categories in the Competition i) Open and ii) English as an Additional Language (EAL). To be eligible for the EAL category entrants must confirm that English is not their first language when they pay their entry fee online.
- A single entrant can enter a maximum of ten poems.
- Entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- Under no circumstances can alterations be made to poems once entered. If entrants wish to correct errors in their poem, they must withdraw it from the Competition and enter again with payment of entry fee. No correspondence or discussion about amendments will be entered into.
- Current direct or indirect OBU employees and staff (who may also be students) and their spouses/partners are not eligible to enter; neither are any current or former Competition judges.
- OBU cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition.
- OBU reserves the right both to cancel the Competition and to amend these Rules where it is deemed necessary, or to account for circumstances beyond OBU’s control. Any notice of cancellation or changes to the Rules will be posted on the Poetry Centre website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of OBU shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Entries not complying with the Competition Rules will be disqualified, as will entrants in breach of the Rules.
- Entrants must not approach or attempt to influence any judge or member of OBU staff over Competition matters.
- The Competition Rules will be governed by English law and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Click here to Apply | More Details
- SIR PETER USTINOV TELEVISION SCRIPTWRITING AWARD | 2022The International Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation Created in 1989, The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation has its own Constitution, Officers
- The Yale Drama Series writing competitions | 2022writing competitions Entry fees The competition is free to enter. Deadline 15 August 2022 Prizes The winner of this annual competition will be awarded the David Charles Horn
- Troubadour International Poetry Prize 2022 | International Poetry CompetitionsTroubadour international poetry prize 2022 Deadline | International Poetry Competitions Mon 26 September 2022 | International Poetry Competitions Fees: £5/€6/$7 per poem (Sterling/Euro/US-Dollars only) Prizes First
- The Edinburgh Award for Flash Fiction | 2022 | Online Writing CompetitionsOPEN FOR ENTRIES: 1 June 2022 CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2022 (31 July 2022 for applicants for free entry). The drawbridge is raised at midnight UK
- Women’s Fiction Short Story Competition 2022 | SeptemberThe competition is open to women of any nationality from any country Your story This Women’s Fiction Short Story Competition is for unpublished complete short fiction
- International Poetry Competition 2022 | By Oxford Brookes | June | July | AugustInternational Poetry Competition The Oxford Brookes Poetry Centre is launching its 2022 International Poetry Competition to celebrate the power of poetry across the world! Competition Deadline: 11pm