National Level Film Competition on ODF Plus | SwachhataFilmon ka Amrit Mahotsav
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India is organizinga National short films competition, ‘SwachhataFilmon ka Amrit Mahotsav’under Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBMG)and in celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The department aims to take forward the extraordinary milestone of Open Defecation Free (ODF) India achieved in Phase 1 of SBMG (2014-19)by sustaining toilet usage andembarking on the path of ODF Plus in villages through comprehensive Solid and Liquid Waste Management.
The competition will act as a massive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign to raise mass awareness on ODF Plus goals as underlined in SBMG -Phase 2 by encouraging participation by individuals and institutions to contribute their ideas and creativity in short films format capturing various components of ODF Plus.
Themes for Participation and Award Details
There are two categories and many themes you may choose to make short film and participate. You may send as many entries as you like. The two categories are: (1) Thematic Category i.e. based on six components of the Swachh Bharat Mission Phase 2, or ODF Plus. And (2) Geographic Category i.e. focused on a geographic terrain. In this category the film should capture a holistic Swachhata messages or provide innovative solutions related to solid and/ or liquid waste management (SLWM) in rural areas.
Category 1(Thematic category):
Make a short film on either of the following themes defined under ODF Plus. Keep in mind that the settings must be rural.
- Bio-degradable waste management (BWM)
- Plastic Waste Management (PWM)
- Greywater management (GWM)
- Faecal Sludge management (FSM)
- Behaviour Change
Cash prizes in the category 1 | for each of the above six themes are as under:
|First Prize:||Rs 1,60,000/-|
|First Runner Up prize:||Rs 60,000/-|
|Second Runner Up prize:|
Category 2 (Geographic Category):
Here you are required to make a film that captures a holistic swachhata message or provides a technical solution for solid and /or liquid waste management in rural areas. However, these swachhata messages or solutions should be specific to following five geographical areas. You may choose any one of the five geographical areas or may submit many films each focusing on any one of the geographical areas.
- Desert Areas
- Hilly Areas
- Coastal Areas
- Flood prone Areas
Cash prizes in the Category 2 | for each of the above five geographical areas are as under:
|First Prize:||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|First Runner Up prize:||Rs 1,20,000/-|
|Second Runner Up prize:||Rs 80,000/-|
The national level awardees in both the Categories will be felicitated with a certificate and above mentioned cash award in a National SBM Ceremony at New Delhi later this year.
- The competition is open for participation to all citizens/Indian Nationals above the age of 10 years except the employees/PMU members and their relatives of Water and Sanitation Departments of Central and state governments.
- In the Institutional category, The Gram Panchayats (GPs)/Community Based Organizations (CBOs)/Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)/Self Help Groups (SHGs) are also eligible to participate.
- Film duration to be between 1 minute and 5 minutes
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages/dialects.
- Only entries based on rural settings will be accepted for the purpose of this competition.
Each State and UT will be requested to send the best films on each of above 11 categories to DDWS for National Level Selection.
Competition Launch Date:
16th April, 2021
Competition End Date:
30th June, 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages / dialects.
- DDWS will have copyright on the submitted entries for future use on its platform (website, social media and others) without any interference or permissions.
- DDWS will not be responsible for any legal or financial implications involved in the production of films including use of celebrities, songs, footage etc.
- The participant to self-certify the authenticity/claim about original work of the submitted entries or for consideration of awards.
- Every film entry should have clear VO/dialogue/music/song etc.
- The participant may consider using local geography, issues, themes, music/folk etc.
- All shortlisted entries to be submitted on the DDWS portal with district / state login
- The entries must have clear details on participant name, contact number, Theme/category for Awards consideration.
- The film has to be uploaded on YouTube with a valid and active email id. The upload link needs to be filled up in Participation form on www.mygov.in competition link
- The best entries for each theme/category received from every state/UT will be reviewed by a National Committee constituted by DDWS, Ministry of Jal Shakti for National Awards in identified themes and categories selection.
- The announcement of awardees and felicitation will be done at a National Event in 2021 with cash prizes and certificates.
- No requests relating to claims of re-evaluation of the entries will be considered.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding to all the entries.
- At any stage of evaluation, if an entry is found to violate the guidelines rules, the entry will be removed from evaluation process without giving any intimation.
Click here for More Details / To Apply
For More Competition
Drawing Competition | Painting Competitions | Essay competition | Logo Designing Competition | Art from waste competition | Photography Competition | Poetry Competition | Poster Design Competition | Architecture Competitions | Design Competition | Story Writing Competition | Short Film Contest | Fancy Dress Competition | Story Telling Competition | Tattoo designing competition | Colouring Competition | Hand writing competition | Rangoli Contest | Yoga contest | Music Instrument Competition | Makeup contest | Hairstyling competition | Singing Competition | Mehandi contest
- The Sunny Art Prize | 2021 | International Art Competition | JuneTHE SUNNY ART PRIZE 2021: INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION | By Sunny Art Centre | Open Call for Artists – About the Art
- National Level Online Kids Competition | by Kids EventNational Level Online Kids Competition Best platform for blooming young kids to discover their interest and showcase their talent. Drawing Group KG
- National Level Film Competition | SwachhataFilmon ka Amrit Mahotsav | 2021 | free | Government of India | Online | April | May | June |National Level Film Competition on ODF Plus | SwachhataFilmon ka Amrit Mahotsav INTRODUCTION The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry
- VIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA | ONLINE COMPETITION | 2020 | 2021 | HANUMAN JAYANTI | APRIL | MayVIBHA FESTIVAL OF INDIA (ALL INDIA FESTIVAL COMPETITION) COMPETITION – 12 MONTH OF APRIL THEME :(TOPIC) HANUMAN JAYANTI MONTHLY Online Competition Greetings Form “VIBHA SCHOOLS” HANUMAN
- Online Free Video Competition | 2021 | India | April | By Government of IndiaHaridwar Kumbh 2021 is just around the corner. Come and show us your experience of this beautiful religious event through a video
- IN IT TO WIN IT! | CompetitionThe European Carton Excellence Award is Europe’s most prestigious award for cartonboard packaging. Cartonboard is the perfect example of the circular economy
- Pro Carton Student Video Award 2021Pro Carton Student Video Award 2021 is now open for entries! CALL FOR ENTRIES: Pro Carton Student Video Award 2021, the European competition for
- Short Film Contest | India | Free | Jan | Feb| Netaji Ke Sapne. | Udaan India Ki ! | 2021Online Short Film Competition | 2021 | Free | parakram diwas On the occasion of Parakram Diwas, the Ministry of Information and