No Registration fee. Free to Participate
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Creative Shock is a global social business case competition for students which first took place in 2011. Participants every year are gathered to solve finance, marketing, PR and strategy problems for social businesses. By organizing this competition, they seek to introduce students to real-life global social business models and to communicate how all traditional business strategies can
be applied to social enterprises and organizations, improve students’ strategic thinking by challenging them with real marketing and management problems, promote social business all around the world.
Participants have to solve two social business cases in the preliminary rounds. The best 10 teams gather in Vilnius, Lithuania to solve the two final cases.
The best ten teams reach the Finals where they compete for valuable prizes. The winning team gets 2500 EUR grand prize.
Second place winner will receive a prize of 800 EUR.
Third place winner will receive a prize of 400 EUR.
4.1. Registration 1 September 2021 – 26 September 2021
4.2. First preliminary round 27 October 2020 – 3 October 2021
4.3. Second preliminary round 4 October 2021 – 10 October 2021
4.4. Final weekend 25 November 2021 – 28 November 2021
The growth of the tenth time organized competition is reflected by the graphs given below. In 2020, Creative Shock gathered 1803 students from 101 countries around the globe.
The winners of Creative Shock 2020 are Bachelor students “Big Blue Energy” from Ateneo de Manila University. Second place winners “Economoney” come from University of Oxford, London School of Economics, Nanyang Technological University and Harvard University. The third place is taken by “CN Sharks”, a team from the University of Toronto.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Creative Shock is a global social business case competition for students which first took place in 2011. Participants every year are gathered to solve real-life business, marketing and PR problems for social enterprises and organizations.
By organizing this competition, they seek to:
Introduce students to real life social business models
Communicate how all traditional business strategies can be applied to social enterprises
Improve students’ strategic thinking by challenging them with real marketing and management problems
Promote social business all around the world
Social business is a non-dividend company that is created to address and solve a social problem.
The team who wins gets a 2500 EUR cash prize.
1. Registration is free.
2. Top 10 teams which will be invited to the Final Weekend in Vilnius will have to pay 30 EUR/per person participation fee.
Registration opens on 1st of September. THey will accept registrations until until the 26 of September 20:00 (UTC+03:00, Eastern European Summer Time Zone). You can register as a team of 3-4 students or individually. Individually registered participants are randomly assigned to teams consisting of 3-4 people after the end of registration or you can find your teammates in special Facebook group.
Bachelor’s, Master’s, and MBA students who will still be studying in University by the end of the competition, December 1st, 2021.
Participants may apply either individually or in teams of 3-4. If registered individually, participants will be divided randomly into teams of 3-4 before the first round and will manage their work by themselves using any means of communication available to the members. Also, participants will have an opportunity to find their teammates in special Facebook group and then register as a team.
No, the team must have 3 or 4 members. If there are only two of you, you can either find a third member or register individually to be assigned random team members from all over the world.
After you register you will receive a confirmation letter from us. If you don’t receive the email within 1 hour from your registration, please refer to email@example.com
Each registered team is given two preliminary social business case studies to solve which are later evaluated by a team of experts. The weights of the first and second preliminary cases are 60% and 40% respectively. The TOP 10 teams are invited to the Final Weekend in Vilnius, Lithuania, where they will be competing for the Grand Prize and attend a conference about social business.
There are four main stages: Registration, 1st preliminary case study, 2nd preliminary case study and the Final Weekend.
Key dates of the competition:
First preliminary round: 27th of September 2021 – 3rd of October 2021
Second preliminary round: 4th of October 2021 – 10th of October 2021
Final weekend: 25th of November 2021 – 28th of November 2021
The 10 best performing teams will be invited to compete in the Final Weekend which will be held online.
We are sorry to say that you are not allowed to send the edited solutions now as it would be considered unfair to other participants. The solutions we got first will be taken into account.
First preliminary case is evaluated by the Organizers of Creative Shock 2020. For the sake of being objective, it should be noted, that submitted results are graded with the help of standardized evaluation system. The results of the second preliminary case are assessed by the Lithuanian Marketing Association (LiMa). The final cases will be judged by our intellectual partners.
Solutions which were provided for the real-life cases will be shared with the businesses or organizations to help them cope with the issue, get inspired or use the ideas to expand.
The final event is going to be held at ISM University of Management and Economics in Vilnius, Lithuania.
You can check if you need visa here: http://www.doyouneedvisa.com/. It will also tell you what documents are needed to get it.
You have to cover the travel expenses yourself. Many universities are willing to cover such expenses as this is a possibility for their students to learn, improve and adapt the skills learnt at the university practically. That is why we strongly advise to contact your home university and get details about possible refunding.
Creative Shock will provide both food and accommodation for your stay during the competition (November 25th to November 28th). The finalists will be staying in “Comfort Hotel LT – Rock ‘N’ Roll” which is only 20 minutes by foot from our university campus. If the finalists decide to stay in Vilnius for a longer period, they will have to cover the extra expenses themselves.
TOP 10 teams which will be invited to the Final Weekend in Vilnius will have to pay 30 EUR/per person participation fee.
Creative Shock is organized by the Students’ Association of ISM University of Management and Economics with the help of project’s partners
Yes! At the end of the competition every participant will be able to get the certificate of participation via email. Make sure you email us firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us in advance that you need it. Take into consideration that we need time to get all the required signatures.
Creative Shock is sponsored by many companies. You can find all of our sponsors on our website in the Partners section.
The number of participants is growing every year. In 2019, there were 1803 participants from all over the world.
Our webpage: http://creativeshock.lt/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/creativeshock.org/
OFFICIAL RULES OF CREATIVE SHOCK
- Eligibility Requirements:
- All participants must be Bachelor’s, Master’s or MBA students from any discipline who will still be studying in University by the end of the competition November 29th, 2021.
- Participants may apply either individually or in teams of 3-4 members. Those who register asindividuals will be given an opportunity to join the Facebook group and find their teammates there.
- Each team must appoint a team captain who will be responsible for communication between theteam and the Creative Shock organizers.
- There is no limit of teams that are able to participate from the same University/Institution.
- A participant is not allowed to be a member of more than one team.
- Team members are allowed to be from different universities and countries.
- Organizers of previous years’ Creative Shock are not able to participate.
- By applying to Creative Shock every applicant agrees to receive newsletters from the organization.
- Preliminary rounds:
- Each registered team is given two preliminary social business case studies to solve which are laterevaluated by a team of experts. The weights of the first and second preliminary cases are 60%and 40% respectively.
- All material that is related to the competition will be provided in English.
- All assignments of any competition round have to be solved and submitted in English.
- The teams which send the solutions after the given deadline will be disqualified.
- All the material provided for the participants must not be used for any commercial purposes without permission from Creative Shock organizers.
- Final Weekend:
- Top 10 teams will have an opportunity to participate in the final weekend activities.
- During the Final Weekend TOP 5 teams will have to solve the final business case and present them before the honourable jury.
- Key dates:
- Registration 1 September 2021 – 26 September 2021
- First preliminary round 27 October 2020 – 3 October 2021
- Second preliminary round 4 October 2021 – 10 October 2021
- Final weekend 25 November 2021 – 28 November 2021
Click here to Apply | More Details
For More Competition
Drawing Competition | Painting Competitions | Essay competition | Logo Designing Competition | Art from waste competition | Photography Competition | Poetry Competition | Poster Design Competition | Architecture Competitions | Design Competition | Story Writing Competition | Short Film Contest | Fancy Dress Competition | Story Telling Competition | Tattoo designing competition | Colouring Competition | Hand writing competition | Rangoli Contest | Yoga contest | Music Instrument Competition | Makeup contest | Hairstyling competition | Singing Competition | Mehandi contest