The Artist Michelangelo ( 1475 – 1564 ) | painting | sculpture | architecture
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni was born on 6 March 1475 in Italy. known best as simply Michelangelo. He was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect, and poet of the High Renaissance born in the Republic of Florence, who exerted an unparalleled influence on the development of Western art.
A number of Michelangelo’s works of painting, sculpture, and architecture rank among the most famous in existence. His output in these fields was prodigious; given the sheer volume of surviving correspondence, sketches and reminiscences, he is the best-documented artist of the 16th century. He sculpted two of his best-known works, the Pietà and David, before the age of thirty.
The Pietà (1498–1499)
The Pietà (1498–1499) The Pietà, done by 1498–1499. The Pietà is regarded as one of the greatest works of the Renaissance artist Michelangelo. This impressive sculpture is currently placed in St. Peter’s Basilica housed, Vatican City. It is the first of a number of works of the same theme by the artist. The sculpture in Carrara marble was made for the cardinal’s funeral monument, This famous work of art depicts the body of Jesus on the lap of his mother Mary after the Crucifixion
David is a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture created in marble between 1501 and 1504. David was installed next to the entrance to the Palazzo Vecchio. Michelangelo’s artwork is his interpretation of the typical Ancient Greek theme of a heroic biblical figure. It features the contrapposto pose, which is a distinctive aspect of antique sculptures. The brave David stands in a tense manner. The statue measures 5.17 meters tall and six-ton weight.
Sistine Chapel ceiling (1505–1512)
Sistine Chapel ceiling, (1505–1512) He painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, which took approximately four years to complete. The overt subject matter of the ceiling is the doctrine of humanity’s need for Salvation as offered by God through Jesus. It is a visual metaphor of Humankind’s need for a covenant with God
Doni Tondo (circa 1507)
Doni Tondo (circa 1507) Mary is the most prominent figure in the composition, taking up much of the center of the image. She sits directly on the ground without a cushion between herself and the grass, to better communicate the theme of her relationship to the earth. Joseph is positioned higher in the image than Mary, although this is an unusual feature in compositions of the Holy Family.
Creation of Adam (circa 1508–1512)
The Creation of Adam (circa 1508–1512) The Creation of Adam is a fresco painting, which forms part of the Sistine Chapel’s ceiling. God is depicted as an elderly white-bearded man wrapped in a swirling cloak while Adam, on the lower left, is completely nude. God’s right arm is outstretched to impart the spark of life from his own finger into that of Adam, whose left arm is extended in a pose mirroring God’s,
Moses (1513–1515) “Michelangelo finished the “Moses” in marble, a statue of five braccia, unequaled by any modern or ancient work. Seated in a serious attitude, he rests with one arm on the tables, and with the other holds his long glossy beard, the hairs, so difficult to render in sculpture.
Rondanini Pietà 1564 The last sculpture that Michelangelo worked on six days before his death, the Rondanini Pietà could never be completed because Michelangelo carved it away until there was insufficient stone. The legs and a detached arm remain from a previous stage of the work. As it remains, the sculpture has an abstract quality, in keeping with 20th-century concepts of sculpture.
He died in Rome in 1564, at the age of 88.
About More Famous Artists
- SK Arts StudioBy Sri krishna Andaman and Nicobar Islands??Studying Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A) PHOTOGRPAHS PAINTINGS EDITING WORKS
- Artist Rembrandt (1606 – 1669) | By World Arts and ArtistsAbout | Biography of Artist Rembrandt (1606 – 1669) Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn was a Dutch draughtsman, painter, and printmaker. He was born July 15, 1606 in Leiden,
- The Artist Michelangelo ( 1475 – 1564 ) | painting | sculpture | architecture | by World Arts and ArtistsThe Artist Michelangelo ( 1475 – 1564 ) | painting | sculpture | architecture Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni was born on 6 March 1475 in Italy. known
- The Great Donatello ( 1386 – 1466 ) | Italian sculptor | By World Arts and ArtistsThe Great Donatello | Italian sculptor Donato di Niccolò di Betto Bardi, better known as Donatello, was an Italian sculptor of the Renaissance. Born in Florence, probably in
- The Artist Salvador Dali (1904 – 1986) – Surrealist sculpture and painter | By World Arts and Artists | by World Arts and ArtistsThe Artist Salvador Dali (1904 – 1986) – Surrealist sculpture and painter | By World Arts and Artists Salvador Dalí was one of the most eccentric artists ever.
- Artist Pablo Picasso ( 1881 – 1973 ) | About | painting | Sculpture | printmaking | ceramicist | stage designer | by World arts and ArtistsArtist Pablo Picasso ( 1881 – 1973 ) | About | painting | Sculpture | printmaking | ceramicist | stage designer Pablo Ruiz Picasso was born on October
- The Great Artist LEONARDO DA VINCI | Painting | Drawing | Sculpture | Anatomy, architecture | By World Arts and ArtistsBiography of Leonardo Da Vinci Leonardo da Vinci was a true genius who graced this world with his presence from April 15 1452 to May 2 1519 In
- Yayoi kusama | exhibitionsYayoi Kusama Exhibitions from | 2000 – 2009 2009 December Solo Exhibition Yayoi Kusama at FairchildFairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Miami November Solo Exhibition YAYOI KUSAMA. I WANT TO
- Yayoi kusama | exhibitionsYayoi Kusama Exhibitions from | 2010 – 2020 2017 October SOLO Exhibition Inaugural exhibition Creation is a Solotary Pursuit, Love is What Brings You Closer to ArtYAYOI KUSAMA
- Yayoi Kusama | the world’s most trending and famous ArtistYAYOI KUSAMA | About In the past five years, more than 5 million museum visitors have queued – and queued some more – for a brief glimpse of
- Artist Viswam | Indian ArtistArtist Name: A Viswam Year of Birth: 1950 Location:Keelavannam, Ariyalur Dist. Style: Abstract Address: No 1, Muthukrishnan Street, Pondi Bazar, T Nagar, T Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017 Phone: 044
- Artist Sivabalan | Paintings | South Indian ArtistTo Contact 328, Sagaji Nayakan ThoppuAsoor-post,Kumbakonam-612 501,Thanjavur-DT,Tamil Nadu, India Mobile No: +91 98402 34818Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Sivabalan’s paintings remind you about nativity and rural Indian villages, which we rarely see