With an aim to promote Indian music at the grassroot level on a national scale by identifying and recognizing the new and young talent in various singing genres, MyGov in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture is organizing a YUVA PRATIBHA – Singing Talent Hunt under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Singing Competitions 2023
Set yourself to showcase your talent for the much-awaited event YUVA PRATIBHA – Singing Talent Hunt.
Indian music is one of the oldest, unspoken musical traditions in the world. India is a geographically diverse country, and this diversity is reflected in its culture. Each state in this country has its own style of music that serves as the foundation for its cultural identity, like Rajasthan’s famous folk song ‘Padharo Mhare Des’, Maharashtra’s Povada, Karnataka’s Ballads, which is the music of expressing heroism and patriotism, and so on.
Singing Talent Hunt is a unique opportunity for citizens across India to display their singing talent and skills and to gain national recognition. If you wish to be New India’s emerging artist, singer, or musician, then participate in the YUVA Pratibha Singing Talent Hunt and lend your melodic voice to the various genres:
POINTS TO NOTE
- The participants have to record a video while singing and shall submit their entry via YouTube (Unlisted Link), Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., and ensure that the link can be accessible. Entry shall lead to disqualification automatically, if the Access will not be granted.
- The song shall not exceed 2 minutes.
- The Lyrics of the song need to be submitted as a PDF document.
- Initial Submission of the song could be from any of the genres mentioned above.
- A participant can submit only once. In case it is found that nay participant has submitted more than one entry, all his/ her entries will be considered as invalid.
|Start Date||10th May 2023|
|End Date for Submission||25th June 2023|
|Preliminary Screening||Last Week of June 2023|
|2nd Level of Screening||1st Week of July 2023|
|Viewers’ Choice Round (Online Polling through MyGov)||Mid of July 2023|
|Finale Round||Second Week of August 2023|
Please Note: The above-mentioned timeline can be updated. Participants need to have a regular check on the content for all the updates.
The competition will be divided into the following rounds:
|Round 1||The Top 200 participants will be selected from the total number of entries received on the MyGov platform.Selection of these 200 participants, will be based on the video entry (MP4 format) received.|
|Round 2||Jury will select Best 40 participants out of 200 for the second round based on song and lyrics|
|Round 3 (Viewers’ Choice)||The 40 selected entries will enter the 3rd round – viewer’s choice round.All 40 selected entries will be uploaded on the microsite for public voting. Public voting will be open for 6 days.Top 15 will be selected from the Viewers’ Choice Round.|
|Round 4 (Finale)||Top 15 Contestants (selected from Viewers choice round) will be called for a physical event in New Delhi in the Mid of August 2023.TOP 3 Winners will be announced by the Jury, after judging their LIVE performance.|
|Mentorship||Top 3 Winners will be mentored for a period of 1 month with a mentorship stipend. (if the participants’ city is different from the city of the mentor).|
|1st Winner||INR 1,50,000/- + Trophy + Certificate|
|2nd Winner||INR 1,00,000/- + Trophy + Certificate|
|3rd Winner||INR 50,000/- + Trophy + Certificate|
- Remaining 12 Contestants in the physical round will be rewarded with a Cash Prize of INR. 10,000 /- each
- The Initial Top 200 Selected Contestants by the middle level jury will get a digital Certificate of Recognition.
The Top 3 Winners will be mentored for a period of 1 month with a mentorship stipend if the participants’ city is different from the city of the mentor).
TERMS & CONDITIONS | Singing Competitions 2023
- The contest is open to Indian citizens. Participants must be between the age group of 18 to 40 years.
- All entries must be submitted on the MyGov portal. Entries submitted through any other mode will not be considered for evaluation.
- The participants have to record a video while singing and shall submit their entry via YouTube (Unlisted Link), Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., and ensure that the link can be accessible. Entry shall lead to disqualification automatically if the Access will not be granted.
- The audio file should not exceed more than 2 minutes.
- The lyrics of the songs need to be submitted as a PDF document.
- The participant should ensure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated, as organisers would use this for further communication. This includes details such as name, photo, complete postal address, email ID, and phone number, state.
- Participant & profile owner should be the same. Mismatch will lead to disqualification.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable, or inappropriate content.
- Submission of the Singing Video must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.If any entry found infringing on others, the entry will be disqualified from the competition.
- Selection process will be based on Singing Video Submission – Viewers’ Choice – Jury selection.
- The winners will be declared by way of announcing their names on the MyGov blog page after every level.
- Organisers reserve the right to reject any entry that does not feel is suitable or appropriate or which does not conform to any of the conditions listed above.
- By sending the entries, the Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions mentioned above.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time. For the avoidance of doubt this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions.